Agriculture 2.0: Smart investments and innovative models for successful producers in the biogas market
Those who opt for a biogas plant have learnt early on that it is not only the scope of such a project that presents a challenge. Even an intelligent energy concept and cooperative integration of the vicinity and environment require an intensive discussion.
The following projects show how we have used completely different starting scenarios to build a single, successful model.
High efficiency and competitive edge thanks to free-of-charge waste heat
- Location: Wöbbelin (Germany)
- Capacity: 2 x 526 kWel
- Input materials: Manure, renewable resources
- Features: All the waste heat of the biogas plants is used for heating the farm’s greenhouses and buildings.
A small slurry plant in Italy – ecologically useful and profitable
- Location: Casaletto Ceredano, Lombardei/Italy
- Capacity: 249 kWel
- Input Materials: Pig slurry, maize meal
- Features: The power is fed into the public grid. The heat generated is used for heating the fermenter.