The EnviTec SHE Team
A safe pair of hands for safety
One service provided by EnviTec Biogas Betriebs & GmbH Co. KG is the provision of in-depth advice and expertise by the team for Safety, Health and the Environment (or ‘SHE’ for short). These consulting services include safety inspections for plants requiring a licence according to section 29a of the Federal Immission Control Act (BImSchG): our Safety Engineer Friso Reinecke is a licensed appraiser according to BImSchG section 29b(1).
According to BImSchG section 29a, all safety-related audits of plants requiring a licence as well as related safety documentation can be requested by the competent authority and must therefore be seen as a binding legal obligation. For the kinds of businesses that are covered by German incident legislation – such as plants for generating or upgrading biogas – technical and organisational safety aspects are the main point of focus during construction and operations.
Together with Christian Albers, an expert in water management law, the SHE team offers a comprehensive package of services aimed at plant operators who need advice on achieving or maintaining regulatory compliance.
Alongside consulting services focusing on theory and practice, the team can also carry out safety inspections for the following types of plant (184.108.40.206, 1.15, 1.16, 8.6.3, 220.127.116.11 and 9.36), according to BImSchV 4, annex 1:
- Combustion engine plants for gaseous fuels
- Biogas generation plants
- Biogas upgrading plants
- Plants for the biological treatment of liquid manure to produce biogas
- Plants used to store flammable gases
- Plants used to store liquid manure or digestates
Other services provided by the SHE team include:
- ‘Ex Inspections’ – inspections of plants requiring surveillance according to sections 15/16 of the German Occupational Safety Ordinance (BetrSichV) in potentially explosive atmospheres
- Advice and guidance about occupational safety and health (also covers training SHE personnel)
- Preparation of plans and specifications for fire safety or incident prevention
- Training for TRGS 529 or TRAS 120, also tailored to your company’s exact requirements
- Supervisory and advisory services for hazard analysis relating to plant conversion work
If you have questions or enquiries about BImSchG section 29a safety inspections or any of the other services offered by our SHE team, please write to us at: contact form.