The allrounder among renewable energies
Whether as a source of electricity to generate heat locally, to supply heat by pipeline or to feed into the gas network after processing - Biogas is multi-talented and versatile. The weather-independent generation is a predictable source of revenue for the operator, since energy from biogas is not subject to any price fluctuations. At the same time, a biogas plant actively contributes to environmental protection and energy mix of the future.
You don't want to waste time and make the first step towards your project?
Tell us what you need and we will get in touch with you personally!
The advantages of biogas at a glance:
- Generation of electricity
- Generation of heat and coldness
- Conversion to natural gas
- Highest energy recovery amongst all biomass project types
- Use of the whole crop in comparison to other bio fuels
- Variety of feed-stocks can be processed (e.g. organic waste)
- Peak load capability
- Base load capability
- Power generation unrelated to weather conditions
- Clear net positive carbon footprint
- Suitable for the development of decentralised energy supply
- Fermentation residues suitable for premium fertilize
How does a biogas plant work?
The basic principle of a biogas plant is relatively simple. Renewable raw materials from agriculture, animal droppings, residues from the food and agro-industry, can be used as input materials.
In airtight fermentation vessels - the so-called digesters - a fermentation process is stimulated and produces biogas using bacteria. The bacteria are similar to those which can also be found in the digestive tract of a cow. Main products of anaerobic degradation are energy-rich methane and carbon dioxide. Since both are gaseous, they separate from the fermentation substrate and form the main components of biogas. Carbon dioxide is not oxidized, but then can be supplied together with the energy-rich methane cogeneration power stations of combustion and fed into each locally existing heat network.
In our animated film, you can see the whole process of biogas production and find out more about our proven technology.
EnviTec Anlagenbau GmbH & Co. KG
> Contact form <